DRVN STATEMENT ON COVID-19
The global impact of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) has altered and virtually nationalized our ‘normal’ life. This will most likely bring long-lasting change to how we experience and live in our world. drvn regularly monitors the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the World Health Organization’s (WHO) websites for COVID-19 guidelines and updates. As they are disseminated, drvn incorporates these recommendations on specific measures that we will exercise to help prevent the spread of the virus. Today, private car service, and drvn’s chauffeured service, in particular, is the cleanest and safest mode of travel with respect to COVID-19. At drvn, our duty of care extends to all of our clients and chauffeurs alike. It lives as an ongoing commitment to protect and safeguard both our passengers and our chauffeurs above all else.
DRVN VEHICLE SANITATION PROCEDURES
- Each vehicle’s interior and exterior are thoroughly sanitized each day.
- The use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) is required and used during the deep cleaning and sanitation of each vehicle.
- We use disinfecting products that are Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) registered disinfectants - all proven to eliminate 99% of bacteria and germs, including coronaviruses (e.g. SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19).
- Our cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting protocols focus on thoroughly disinfecting all frequently touched areas including seats, armrests, headrests, vents, interior/exterior door handles, windows, control switches, seat belts and any other ‘touch-prone’ areas in a vehicle.
- An additional wipe down after the disinfecting procedures are finished is performed in order to remove any chemical residues and lingering odors.
DRVN CHAUFFEUR HYGIENE PROCEDURES
As part of upholding the highest standards of service, drvn routinely briefs, updates, and directs its chauffeurs on best practices and sanitation protocols.
- The conscious practice of personal and vehicle hygiene is a fundamental tenet embraced by drvn chauffeurs. In light of COVID-19, that practice has been taken to a new level. Accordingly, drvn has amended its chauffeur policies to include best practices as set forth by OSHA, the CDC, and WHO.
- For personal hygiene, this starts with the policy of ‘continuous handwashing.’ In accordance with the OSHA best practices, proper preventive hygiene for those in contact with the public includes:
- handwashing, 1) whenever possible, and 2) always washing hands between each ride
- wearing of a mask or other covering of the nose and mouth when near passengers or in confined spaces with passengers
- never touch eyes, nose, or mouth during a ride
- never touch a passenger for any reason
- Two hours prior to commencing the day’s first service, chauffeurs will receive a notification to enact all drvn service and sanitation protocols.
- Once complete, chauffeurs are required to confirm that they have properly cleansed (cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected) themselves and their vehicles. This must be completed prior to departing for the first pickup of the day.
- Chauffeurs who are exhibiting symptoms, or have tested positive for COVID-19, will be removed from all future services until they submit a negative PCR test from a registered testing facility, physician's office or a licensed laboratory.
For vehicle hygiene, see “DRVN VEHICLE SANITATION PROCEDURES.”
DRVN SERVICE PROCEDURES AND CHANGES
- drvn’s standard policy for providing basic passenger consumables (e.g. snacks, mints, water, tissues, etc.) have been amended and limited to only tissues and bottles of water, both of which are now provided only in individual or one-use packaging.
- In addition to the consumables above, chauffeurs offer passengers (to accept at their discretion) disinfectant hand wipes and/or alcohol-based hand sanitizer, which are not in one-use individual packaging.
- In addition to pre-ride cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting procedures, all drvn chauffeurs perform a wipe down of luggage handles, or any other passenger personal effects handled or stowed by their chauffeur before passenger handoff.
- The common chauffeur courtesy of greeting passengers with a handshake has been replaced with a simple bow, a tip of the hat and/or an informal greeting salute.
- We have removed all other passenger convenience items and frequently touched items such as reading material and cell phone chargers.
- drvn requires that all passengers, including the chauffeur, are seated as far apart as a vehicle configuration allows during the service. This is accomplished in part by significantly limiting the passenger count for all vehicles. Approximate passenger capacities for service during COVID-19 are approximately 50% of normal (this includes not allowing passengers to ride in the front seat) in order to equally provide all of our passengers with a safe and responsible level of service.
- Passengers exhibiting COVID-19-like symptoms or that have tested positive for COVID-19 are asked to refrain from booking services until a physician has cleared them to travel.
- drvn will closely and continuously monitor all global, national, and local travel constraints and restrictions. This shall include short-haul and medium-haul travel that cross any state lines. All booked services that are directly affected by any travel constraints and restrictions will be brought to the passenger’s attention. In the current COVID-19 environment, drvn will allow changes to its cancellation policy.